long winter to come. We have a gas fireplace - which I actually have on this morning for warmth - even though it's all decked out for the holidays! We finally put a mantel on the fireplace this past year - it was supposedly a Christmas "present" a year ago - but a wee bit late (like April!) getting it in and installed! So after many years , I've had to change how I've decorated the fireplace for the "season". It's "pre-cast" and NOT wood so it didn't have to go up higher,as if it had been made of wood. I finally get to use the gorgeous brass "stocking hooks" I found at Lee Valley last year also. So it's looking like we are all ready for "Santa" to visit!
Bill is off on a busy week of travel - Saskatoon, Calgary and Chicago - all in 3 days - and people ask why don't I travel with him more often - I think that says it all! He's fairly used to it and hopefully the weather will co-operate and now screw up his flight schedules and he'll be home Weds. night and no more travel.
It has been a busy past week around here - 2 concerts ( after Neil Diamond we saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra later the same week), our son home for a visit, out socializing with good friends and having a good friend over for dinner one night. Nice to have a fairly quiet "calendar" for the week ahead!
This cold day is a good one for getting this up on the blog, putting up some more decorations and maybe even baking - as I'm sure not setting foot outside and freeze my &$% off! The Christmas cards have been sent - and maybe as a result I'll have a few more "readers drop in soon" - so if you do "Welcome"!
Until next time - stay warm out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment