Monday, December 1, 2008

What a great show!

Last night, as a belated birthday gift, Bill took me to the Neil Diamond concert at our nearby Scotia Bank Place. I'm a diehard fan and this was the 3rd time I've been fortunate enough to hear him "live" - and I must say, he's just as good as ever considering he's 67! He sang many of his "classics" along with some tunes from a new CD he has out (naturally!) and had the audience singing and dancing right out of his palms! Considering the average age of the audience was more "our generation" - that was quite a compliment. Even having a "fire alarm" going off during his encore tune - "Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show"-couldn't dampen the crowd's enthusiasm or stop Neil and his band - course the singing and music was probably loud enough - most people didn't even notice!

Despite bing a Sun. night concert (getting up Mon!) and horrible weather (ice pellets) when we got out, it was worth it to be able to go down memory lane with one of our favourite singers. Today luckily, the "bad" weather we were warned about must've hit other areas as it was just a light rain so we weren't forced to do shovelling or blwoing out driveways - I'm sure we'll have enough of this "white stuff" after Jan. when winter usually gets into high gear.
We will have no excuse for not getting into the Christmas mood as we go back again later this week for a Trans Siberian Orchestra perfomance - one of our favourite "Christmas" genre groups. It will also get our minds, if only briefly, off the "madness on the hill" with our government - acting like children trying to get "their" piece of the "power pie" - not much sense with me getting into it here - it's being dissected pretty good already by the media and the more I think about the angrier I get!
Today marked the day to turn the calendar over to Dec. 1st - do the months go faster then they used to - or does it somehow relate to one's age?? Well guess I better get back to the Christmas cards before that calendar turns another page!
Until next time - take care!

No comments: