
Almost a week and I haven't "posted" anything new - I guess I knew this was going to be a challenge!
Funny I how I prepare for the holidays - first I heard snow was coming, so I rushed out to shop and was fairly successful - at least on items that I knew I wanted for those who have given me "ideas" for the list! With things quickly turning white yesterday, I figured it was perhaps a great time to also start the Christmas "letter" - compounded by the fact I received a Christmas card in the mail yesterday - and from overseas even!
Ahh - the much "maligned" Christmas letter - now there's a topic for discussion! I enjoy hearing from friends and family over the holidays and if it's in the form of a Christmas "letter" , all the better - some would argue otherwise. I enjoy putting ours together and sure wouldn't be hand-writing a letter that many times - plus computers, word processing prgrams and digital cameras have brought writing the Christmas letter into a whole new dimension. Wish this had been around all those years ago when hauling the kids off to Sears for the ole' "Santa" photo - then not getting one at all since the youngest was afraid of Santa and was beet-red in the face from crying and screaming! If only Photo Shop had been around then!
But back to "the letter" - mine is about ready to "hit the presses" and I hope those recieving it will enjoy the "read" as we will theirs. Although this year, The "posties" are starting to create a slow-down as picket lines are forming - so I may send out the "letter" via e-mail to some. That's even better - save the trees, save on postage and know it WILL get there!
Decorations are coming out - some have been out awhile with a near basement disaster a few weeks ago (that's another story!) and above is a new one I've added - yeah, ok it's a "Hallmark" creation but it was so cute and getting them a couple years after they come out really reduces the price - a lot! Be glad I just put in the photo and not the video of them "singing"!
On the down side - my quilting has been sadly very neglected of late! Partly due to my obsession lately with working away at editing years of home videos and getting frustrated with the computer software I'm w
orking with!! I've learned a lot though - like it's good to walk away from the computer now and then - lol - and get a fresh prespective by doing something else. However, meanwhile I have a bunch of fabric strips "taunting" me on my design wall for a "strips & curves" quilt I've been wanting to try for awhile and I think I may just get at it once I finish the cards!
Fabricland is advertising a great "members" sale starting tomorrow so I had better go have a look - one can never have enough of a fabric stash - more insulation for the house I say!
So as it gets dark outside, and it seems like that's 4 pm these days (ugh!) I had better get back to the cards, decorations and preparing some supper.
So until next time - everyone take care out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment